"I have been cleansing for 15 years and this is the Rolls Royce of detox retreats." Nikki Vee, Jan 12
|Location||Near Glastonbury, Somerset, UK |
|Open||Year round |
|Activities||Juice fast, colonics, health, yoga, therapies|
|Prices||From £875/week, single room, all incl. |
|Ideal for||Detox - Juice Fast - Yoga - Meditation - Massage - Colonics - Therapies - Solo travellers|
Ring UK 01373 467 668
|Offer||Mention Neal's Yard Holidays to get a selection of Vital Detox Retreats' toiletries worth £44, including two moisturisers.|
Vital Detox Retreats offer week-long retreats near Glastonbury which specialise in expert care and support. They include juices, supplements, colonics, yoga, meditation, nutritional talks, raw food, massage and beauty treatments as well as three 1-1 sessions with their dedicated therapists.
- Location | Activities and Prices | Accommodation and Food | Child policy | Green footprint | Guestbook
The detox retreats are held in a beautiful, 16th century farm nestled at the foot of Glastonbury Tor. Enjoy stunning views, beautiful gardens, wild birds and tame animals, and gorgeous walks.
Juice fasting with colonics for health and weight loss, daily yoga, meditation, nutrition talks, walks, spa, a range of massage and beauty treatments, a 1-1 with a nutritionist, a Journey session with a Brandon Bays trained therapist, and a coaching session so that guests experience total holistic care during their stay.
Prices: all-inclusive prices range from £875 for a single room, to £1,690 for a deluxe, self-contained cottage with a view of the Tor and a private sun deck.
Dates: retreats run for one week per month
See above web link for full programme, or link to check availability by email, or phone.
The accommodation is warm and comfortable, within a converted farm venue.
There are several single occupation cottages available as well as four shared cottages. They can also offer a 'glamping' option for a real retreat experience. The communal areas are all easily accessible.
All the produce is locally sourced (as far as possible) and organic. Food provided is completely vegan.
Adults only, although accompanied teenagers are welcome.
What can I do?
See our 10 top tips on green travel - how to make your stay more enjoyable & better for the environment. Consider offsetting your car, train or plane journey via the charity PureTrust.org.uk.
How ethical is the holiday?
- Acts with respect, honesty and fairness towards guests and staff
- Is owned by locals and employs locals
- Uses an ethical bank
- Fosters real relationships between guests and locals and ensures that the local community benefits
How environmentally-friendly is the holiday?
- Provides info on how to arrive by public transport and/or bicycle
- Offers an incentive or discount if you arrive by public transport and/or bike
- Uses a green energy company and has A-rated appliances
- Collects rainwater for use in gardens and uses water saving devices
- Recycles all recyclable waste
- Composts organic waste
- Uses eco-friendly cleaning products
- Other eco aspects: dedicated to reducing energy consumption and reducing waste
"My retreat with Vital Detox has not only changed my life - it has saved it. I feel like a new woman!"
"The team were professional, friendly and very, very helpful – I always felt looked after and loved. You couldn't do enough for me and have created an atmosphere of harmony and positivity that I can now take home with me."
Have you been on one of the above holidays? Let us know what you think.