"Wonderfully peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. The ideal surroundings for inspiration and creativity." Lesley Porteous
Skyros offshoot, The Grange on the Isle of Wight, is ideal for a short break. Weekend courses include yoga, writing, life coaching, art, music and more. Do as much or as little as you like. Relax in beautiful surroundings. Open year round for B&B. Massage and beauty treatments are available.
- Location / Activities and Prices / Accommodation and Food / Child policy / Green footprint / Guestbook
The Grange, a beautiful Georgian country house, is in the charming Old Village of Shanklin. Nestled in greenery, it's moments from the sandy beach and local amenities. 2.5 hours from London. View Google Map
Take one or more of the weekend courses, all of which are run by exceptional facilitators including award-winning authors, leading life coaches, outstanding singers and yoga teachers. Choose from writing, life coaching, yoga, art, painting, sketching, salsa, mosaics and more. The Grange has something for everyone.
Courses follow the academic year although The Grange is open year-round for B&B accommodation, health and beauty treatments and one-to-one tuition.
Weekends from £50 per night per person for B&B in twin or double room, plus £90 for course fee.
Single supplement of £25 per night for single occupancy.
B&B prices start from £44/night mid week (low season). - Guests can be matched for twin sharing.
The Grange has the AA's 4-star Guest Accommodation rating and TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence. All rooms are ensuite, a ground floor room is accessible by wheelchair, and free wi-fi is available. Meals are tailored to dietary requirements and local, organic produce is used wherever possible.
Adults only on retreats. But children are always welcome on a B&B basis.
How ethical is the holiday?
- Acts with respect, honesty and fairness towards guests and staff
- Is owned by locals and employs locals, including often local therapists, coaches, writers, yoga teachers
- Fosters real relationships between guests and locals and ensures that the local community benefits from e.g. nights out at local village pubs and restaurants; uses local, organic produce where possible; recommends local companies; provides info on local walks, cycle routes and places of interest
How environmentally-friendly is the holiday?
- Encourages guests to arrive by public transport as straightforward travel links; 80% of staff walk to work
- Daily monitoring of energy/water consumption to aid reducing consumption; all lights and appliances switched off overnight
- Encourages recycling of all waste products
"Without a shadow of a doubt the very best weekend break I have ever had. The Grange is a beautiful building filled with curious objects and friendly faces. The garden is a small piece of paradise and the perfect place for a picnic in the sunshine." Hashim & Bekki
Have you been on one of the above holidays? Let us know what you think.