"It was like stepping into a Renoir painting." Caroline
La Roane is peaceful and secluded and is set in a 20-acre estate, a paradise for nature lovers. A choice of one-week holidays covering themes such as yoga, music, dance, cookery and art is on offer. Delicious vegetarian cuisine by award-winning chef. Excellent value.
La Roane is one hour from Toulouse in South West France; 3 miles from the medieval market town of St Antonin. Nearby is the famous Aveyron river and gorge.
There is normally an outdoor exercise class before breakfast, and two longer sessions during the day, based on yoga or the theme for the week. There are 3 excursions including a trip to the local market, picnicking, swimming or canoeing in a nearby river.
Sauna, massage, bicycles and table-tennis available.
Prices displayed are for one person sharing a twin (or double) room and include full board, course fees and excursions. Single rooms available for a supplement of £50 (£30 for the 8 September holiday).
|Apr 6 – Apr 13||Music and Yoga||£530|
|May 18 – May 25||Fun with Nigel||£530|
|Jun 1 – Jun 8||Creativity and Fun||£530 |
|Jun 15 – Jun 22||Yoga & Cookery||£530|
|Jun 29 – Jul 6||Awakening Art ||£530|
|Jul 16 – Jul 23||Yoga with Rosie||£530|
|Jul 27 - Aug 3||Yoga||£530|
|Aug 10 - Aug 17 ||Yoga with Karen||£530|
|Aug 23 – Aug 30||Yoga/Creativity||£530|
|Sep 7 - Sep 14||Circle Dance||£500|
|Sep 21 – Sep 28||Yoga & Cookery||£530|
Guests are housed in 3 beautiful buildings surrounding the swimming pool. Choice of comfortably furnished single and double rooms and a yurt. Single supplement £50.
How ethical is the holiday?
- Acts with respect, honesty and fairness towards guests and staff
- Employs locals
- Fosters real relationships between guests and locals and ensures that the local community benefits
- Supports the local wildlife protection society, Les Amis des Causses
- Other ethical aspect: the food is vegetarian
How environmentally-friendly is the holiday?
- Provides info on how to arrive by public transport and/or bicycle
- Offers an incentive or discount if you arrive by public transport and/or bike
- Recycles all recyclable waste
- Composts organic waste
- Uses eco-friendly cleaning products
- Other eco aspect: own organic kitchen garden
"I went on a yoga holiday last year and had the most wonderful week... Nigel, Linda, Simon and Enzo are a fantastic team. They are heart-connected perfect hosts! I felt as if I was 'coming home'.
The ease with which the days reveal themselves is just perfect for unwinding, relaxing, and completely restoring mind, body and spirit." - Guest
Have you been on one of the above holidays? Let us know what you think.