"Whatever your expectations – Skyros will surpass them all." Bo Borzyskowskaw
|Location||Atsitsa, Skyros Island, Greece |
|Open||July, August, September |
|Activities||Yoga and choice of optional activities|
|Prices||From £645 for 7 nights|
|Ideal for||Yoga - Swimming - Sailing - Windsurfing - Art - Music - Dance - Writing - Meditation - Photography - Community - Exploration - Excursions - Solo travellers|
Ring UK 01983 865 566
Skyros 'the first and the best' alternative holiday according to the Guardian is perfect for those seeking yoga holidays, singles holidays or writing holidays although it is so much more. Skyros offers outstanding courses and activities that open the heart, expand the mind, recharge the body and uplift the spirit.
- Location / Activities and Prices / Accommodation and Food / Child policy / Green footprint / Guestbook
Atsitsa on Skyros island, Greece, right by the sea and in the arms of a magnificent pine forest, has a magical quality that enchants the senses and makes inroads to the heart.
Wide range of courses and activities available from yoga, windsurfing and sailing to life skills, art, writing, music and more. Massage treatments also available. Atsitsa is an ideal place to try something new, learn new skills and discover hidden talents.
Feel free to do as much or as little as you want. Courses are introduced at the beginning of the holiday and can be chosen on the spot. Childcare is available during the day’s two main course slots in August.
Holidays offered during July, August, September from GBP 645.
Prices include twin shared accommodation, three delicious meals per day and all the various courses, activities and events. Single upgrades are subject to availability. Optional massage treatments are payable on site.
For more details see above web link or phone or enquire by email.
Atsitsa participants live simply and comfortably just moments from the sea. Some stay in the villa but most choose twin-bedded huts in the midst of lush gardens and shaded by pine and fruit trees.
Atsitsa has gained an outstanding reputation for its cuisine. Mediterranean in style, vegetarians are always catered for.
Children welcome during August: 5 to 15 year olds receive 50% discount; 16 to 22 year olds in full-time education receive 20% discount.
How ethical is the holiday?
- Acts with respect, honesty and fairness towards guests and staff
- Is part owned by locals and employs locals
- Fosters real relationships between guests and locals and ensures that the local community e.g. the local cafe benefits
- Supports the local educational and wildlife projects: Skyros Folk Dance Society; Skyrian Horse Project; Greek Animal Welfare
How environmentally-friendly is the holiday?
- Produces some of its own green energy via solar power
- Collects rainwater for use in gardens and uses water saving devices
- Recycles all recyclable waste
- Organic waste recycled via goats!
- In tune with the natural environment there are no motorised sea sports
"Quite simply the best time of my life so far!" Jonathan Young
"It's like a garden of Eden peopled by friends who want to bring out the best in each other." Catherine Tincombe
"I keep returning to Atsitsa as I haven’t found such a fun holiday anywhere else." Ella Young
Have you been on one of the above holidays? Let us know what you think.